Launched in 2018, CryptoUK is the UK’s leading association representing the interests of the cryptocurrency sector:
- Exchanges: A marketplace where traders can buy and sell cryptocurrencies using either fiat or alternative cryptocurrencies.
- Trading platform/brokers: A service by which you can buy and trade crypto assets at a price set by the brokerage.
- Comparison sites: Websites which provide data to compare the different rates of cryptocurrencies.
- Intermediaries: A third-party facilitator of payments and transactions.
- Asset Managers: Facilitators of investment and trading of cryptocurrencies.
Our members believe in the UK’s potential to become a global leader in this sector, through the development of a supportive operating environment – including appropriate regulation.
A word on ICOs: The Association does not currently represent ICOs, but a working group is considering this issue and the potential for a specific self-regulatory framework.